Bluz Cruz Rules and Info
1. Race Number will be affixed high on the front starboard (right) side of each boat.
2. Only human-powered watercraft allowed to race in the BluzCruz.
3. Coast Guard Approved personal flotation device must be worn at all times. Failure will end in disqualification.
4. The use of alcohol and/or controlled substances prior to start and while on the water will result in disqualification.
5. NO FIREARMS ALLOWED. As crazy as this sounds, some people feel the need to carry guns.
6. Mass Start for all paddling classes. No one will be allowed to start after the race is underway. If you leave the river for reason other than equipment malfunction or personal health, you are on your own! Motorized safety boats will patrol the course for your assistance.
7. Boats may stop to take a break on high ground. Overland portages are not allowed. Non-compliance will result in disqualification.
8. All racers/paddlers should be off the course by as close to 1 p.m. as possible.
9. Race Classes will be adjusted/added based on number and kind of entrees. The BluzCruz Race Committee will attempt to keep classes as fair as possible. Racers are responsible for properly classing their vessel to the best of their ability or to inquire for help with proper classing.
10. All Participants must sign a Medical and Emergency Contact sheet and a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18.
11. All Participants should be able to paddle 22 miles of open water. Weather and/or water conditions are not predicable. Parents should be certain young paddlers are capable of safely completing the course. All Paddlers should be prepared for any conditions that may arise.
Racers are responsible to supply all items needed to safely complete race; not limited to items listed below.
SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT LIST:
Whistle (strongly suggested)
Cell phone (emergency numbers in packet)
Power bars/energy bars
Gatorade, 4 or 5 bottles
Light mesh shirt
Personal flotation device
Tools necessary for minor boat repair
Bowline or Length of Rope